Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What I Saw and How I Lied, by Judy Blundell

What I Saw and How I Lied
by Judy Blundell
Scholastic Press, New York 2008

It’s just a matter of what you're willing to do. (p. 252)

World War II is over, Evie’s stepfather is back home, and her mother is still the prettiest woman in the room. Everything is back to normal. But a family vacation to Palm Beach unearths secrets that force Evie to question the people she’s trusted the most.

War, money, lies, love, hate, heat, growing up, losing faith - Reading this book felt like riding a roller coaster. Tick… tick… tick… to the tippity-top, the anticipation was killing me, and I knew that everything had to come crashing down sometime... and it certainly did.

Botton Line:
First love, first betrayal, set some time aside b/c you won't be able to put this one down.

No comments:

Post a Comment